The Pages Of The Blog

Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Literary magazine launch

This year, I was invited to attend the official launch of our school's literary magazine (which was a bit unusual because the magazine had already been sent out to everybody last summer).

This is because I am very proud to have a poem in the literary magazine which I wrote myself, called 'a letter to hope', which I think is possibly the greatest poem I've ever written.

The event took place in the school library, and had a very nice and calm atmosphere, especially since it was attended mostly by a very small gathering, made up of mostly the students, their parents, some teachers and the headmaster.
I was very happy to see my Dad and brother there for me.
Tea and coffee, water, sandwiches and some nice, fancy biscuits were available.
There were some nice words said by Mr Carr and the students were given the chance to read out their writing. The standard of the writing was very good. There were a lot of essays, debates, poems and pieces of short fiction.

Unfortunately, I was kind of nervous, and after being asked several times if I was sure I wanted to read out my poem myself (which I was initially determined to do), I eventually let Sam Shepard read out my piece on my behalf.
Although he seemed to do a very good job reading it out (especially since he hadn't really gone through it before hand and it was sort of a last minute thing), I really feel that I would have loved to read it out myself, as I was extremely proud of it and I didn't really know when I was going to write anything like it again.

It was still a very enjoyable experience and I was very proud and honored to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment