The Pages Of The Blog

Sunday, 24 January 2016

Work experience week 1 (Citrus mix/Printagraph Scotland)

For my first week of work experience this year, I went to Aberdeen in Scotland with my Dad, who works there himself. I really enjoyed spending a week with my Dad, since normally we only get to see him on the weekends and when he is on holiday. However, I did not do work experience with his company.

The companies in which I completed my work experience were 'Citrus Mix', a marketing firm, and 'Printagraph', a printing company, both of which stem from the parent company of IOS (Integrated Office Solutions').

On the first day, I was brought into the 'Printagraph' building, where I was briefly shown around the workshop, before being brought to the 'Citrus mix' building, 'Citrus house'.

Citrus mix is a marketing company which handles various forms of marketing for many companies which are operating nearby in Aberdeen and the North East.
To handle these different types of marketing, they have different departments.

The first department which I was shown was the PR department. They were in charge of making sure that companies got positive press coverage.
Most of the work they had been doing at the time was for the Christmas lights and fair by Aberdeen inspired™.

I then spent the next two days in printagraph, which, unfortunately, I didn't find very interesting.
The workshop did have a lot of very fancy machines. They had a printer which could print on doors, which they use to print on Lego™. I was also surprised to discover that someone's entire job was literally just to operate the photocopier.

Then, I went back to citrus mix on Thursday in time to see them shooting some commercials for 'Gillies', basically the Scottish equivalent of 'Harvey Norman's'.
I was very lucky to even be allowed the chance to act in some of these commercials, as a customer hiding in the store, to get in early for the Boxing Day sale, and also as a guy carrying a green chair out of the door, which was fun.

The next day, I got to see them editing the advertisements.
I will put the videos here:



Ultimately, it was a good experience, however I don't think that I would like to work in a printing company as it does not seem like a very exciting or creative job.






No comments:

Post a Comment