The Pages Of The Blog

Monday, 25 January 2016

Carol service

Every year, on the last day before the Christmas holidays, the school has a special carol service organised by the music department. It includes a number of traditional Christmas carols, as well as some more contemporary festive songs.

As I joined the choir this year, I got to be part of it. This year, there was also a small 'orchestra' playing (on certain songs).

There were several weeks of practice leading up to this.

Some of the songs from the carol service were songs I'd never heard before, such as the 'Angel's Carol', which I thought was lovely, and 'Christmas Gift of Love', although most of the really famous ones were there as well, such as 'O holy night', which was fun, and 'Somewhere in my memory' (from Home Alone).

I was in the bass section, so I had to learn all the bass parts, and 'we three kings'.

Eventually, when the day arrived, it sounded great, and in my opinion, I feel it truly was tremendous fun.
I am really glad that I joined the choir and I look forward to doing the Carol Service again next year and the year after.


No comments:

Post a Comment